Week 26/52: I’m not really sure what happened to my other books in this series, must’ve lent them out and never got them back. Anyway, I absolutely loved these (come to think of it, I think I was like 13? when I first started reading them, maybe some of the content wasn’t quite suitable for my age lol…) they’re written by Gillian Rubinstein, a children’s author who published them under a pseudonym because she wanted them to be judged in their own right as adult books. I really recommend reading Across The Nightingale Floor, the first in the series for a taster. Like/reblog for a chance to get a copy of Grass For His Pillow, no need to be following me (more details here).
Question of the week: In retrospect, what were some books you read when you were younger that were probably aimed at older audiences?
- michael-dempsey likes this
- xsweettemptationx likes this
- hermitwithfriends answered: I read quite a bit of wheel of time when I was 11, which was probably a bit early. So good though!
- niaerdh likes this
- gemonymous likes this
- chefaniesteng answered: Catcher in the Rye in 7th grade, and Huck Finn in 4th!
- chefaniesteng likes this
- luteylumi answered: Across the Nightingale Floor was one of my FAVORITES! :)
- luteylumi likes this
- fallingstarsonsilverscreens likes this
- nawasaka posted this